Maldon Carnival Grant Application – Step 1
Terms and Conditions
Please read these rules carefully. If you apply for a Maldon Carnival Grant, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them. These terms and conditions are the rules of the Maldon Carnival charitable Fund (“the Rules”)
1. This grant process is being administered by Maldon Carnival Ltd.
2. The purpose is to give grants to support voluntary organisations and community groups that are addressing outstanding social needs in the Maldon and Heybridge Area. Individuals may not apply. Applications will be considered for both new and ongoing projects.
3. When deciding to award a grant priority is given to the following organisations or charities:
a) Organisations that have participate in the 2018 Maldon Carnival Procession will receive priority over other applications.
b) Organisations that work with to better the lives of children or vulnerable adults in our community.
c) Organisations that have directly help Maldon Carnival Ltd.
4. You are unlikely to be awarded a grant if your organisation was awarded a grant in the Maldon Carnival charitable fund in 2016 / 2017, however If you meet any of the criteria described in rule 3 your organisation will be exempt from this rule.
5. Applications for the furtherance of religious or political causes will not be accepted, however applications from religious organisations for projects benefitting the wider community will be considered. Where financial help is sought the Maldon Carnival panel of judges will require details of the organisations own commitment to the particular project. Should a grant be approved evidence on expenditure may be required in due course.
6. Schools can apply for funding.
7. No expenditure is necessary to apply.
8. Applicants must complete an Application form, available from the Carnival website or the Carnival Secretary.
9. Posting or Emailing an application is not proof that we have received your application. We will confirm receipt of your application. No responsibility can be accepted for applications that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason. No responsibility can be accepted for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to applications.
10. The closing date is 1ST October 2018. Late or incomplete entries may not be taken into account.
11. The panel of judges for the award of the grant will be comprised of Maldon Carnival directors / trustees.
12. The judges reserve the right to reject any application which they do not feel merits consideration in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the rules.
13. Applicants from Organisations were a Maldon Carnival Committee member also serves on the applicants committee may not apply for a grant as this is a conflict of interest. Note ! This does not apply to the Carnival court children as they are not committee members.
14. The final decision for grants will be announced at the presentation evening on Saturday, 10th November 2018 at 9:00pm. Applicants must be present at presentation evening.
15. All grant funding is subject to Maldon Carnival Ltd being satisfied with the accounts and/or financial status of the applicant. This includes that the organisation has a bank account. Applicants must enclose a copy of their accounts with their application.
16. We cannot except applications from third parties on behalf of other charities. You must have a direct relationship with the charity or organisation.
17. By entering the Maldon Carnival Grant process you warrant that:-
The application does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party. b) the contents of the application are true current and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief.
18.If your application is successful and you are awarded a grant from Maldon Carnival, we will arrange a time after your project has finished to take some photographs to use on our website and in the press. If your project has a restriction from photographs being taken or made public, then we may ask you to take some photographs that we can show our committee only.
19.The final decision on the allocation of the grants will be made by 10th November 2018.
20. The award will not be transferable to another person, organisation or charity.
21. No part of an award is exchangeable for any other award.
22. You agree that you are willing for project information to be used for publicity purposes (including social media such as Facebook or Twitter).
23. All taxes, insurances and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the grant winner.
24. If you are a winner of a grant, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to Maldon Carnival in order to substantiate your application. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternate winner will be selected.
25. GDPR – When you apply for a grant we are required to keep your application for a period no longer than 10 years. We will not share your information with third parties unless legally obligated..